Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Im having fun in the sun, are you? LOL

Hey everybody…Im here, I made it here Saturday afternoon, and just got my
phone card working. I have started calling everyone, so answer if a weird
number comes up on your caller ID, because it might be me!! It about 80+
degrees here (90 last night), but I havent mentally acclimated to the
weather yet so I keep carrying around sweaters…I must look like the new
person! The place I am staying is pretty nice, soo much nicer than Iraq or
Afghanistan! It's a 2 bedroom townhouse with a housekeeper! I don't have a
roommate right now, so I have the place to myself. Pics are on the way so
you can see what a "rough" life I have here!! LOL. Joey and Steve, I have a
Kurig coffee maker here and the housekeeper comes and refills my coffee
options every morning…I just might get addicted and have to buy one when I
get home too. Oh, they also make my bed and do the dishes…I wish I could
take my housekeeper home with me. The only thing bad about the house is
that the internet connection is still dial-up, and my little high-techy
computer doesn't have a plug in for a phone line! However, Wi-fi is free in
other locations, so I will have to do that for this trip. As soon as the
guy im replacing leaves, I will have the car to myself and will be able to
log in more often. Last night, me and the guy im replacing went to the
outdoor movie theater and saw the movie "Everythings Fine" and it was the
saddest movie Ive seen in a while, but it totally made me think of our
family (not exactly the same) but Dad, some of what the Father did totally
made me think of you. Tonight, Im not sure whats going on but we all might
grill out or just turn in early, not really sure--this deployment is all
about the tough choices! Ha ha. I will send pictures of the local
wildlife here as soon as I can. Last night there were chickens running
around in my backyard and while i havent encountered the the banana rats and
iguanas up close yet, I have seen a bunch of them, those iguana jokers are
too scary right now to get close to. All is well so far but I should go
because Im sitting in the 90-degree sun in the backyard listening to my iPod
while I type this and my battery is pretty low. Love you guys and talk to
you soon,
Hugs,
Jess

1 comment:

Linda said...

We're enjoying the snow! Wish you were here! I'd post pictures if I knew how. I'm waiting for instructions if anyone wants to help me.
Mom